Works closely with Manufacturing and Engineering to evaluate and resolve technical problems. Regularly perform root cause analysis for issues affecting safety, quality, cost and delivery. Under limited supervision, uses extensive technical skills, expertise, and knowledge of quality techniques as applied to electro-mechanical assembly, machine shop, welding, or other related processes. Provides project leadership and develops processes/procedures for Quality Systems. Understanding of TPS and continuous improvement is a plus. Broad engineering knowledge of manufacturing, quality, industrial, and mechanical processes.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings - knowledge of GD&T.
• Ability to develop a process when given an assigned end state
• Able to train others in complex technical tasks. Able to develop and document training standards and maintain a schedule for training activities consistent with the needs of the department and external customers.
• Evaluates technical quality problems and develops solutions to such problems, with appropriate documentation (e.g. engineering changes or quality system procedures) Previous quality engineering experience highly desired.
Position requires bachelor’s degree in an applicable engineering field such as metrology, quality, mechanical, electrical, industrial etc.
• Previous engineer experience of 1-3 years is also required.