Under the guidance of senior technical staff, this position is responsible for supporting laboratory investigations and executing lab procedures in coordination with team members. • Synthesis of novel energy storage materials and structures under direction of senior technical staff
• Formulation and fabrication of cell components and cells in the glove box and/or under air- and moisture-free conditions.
• Follow documented Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all recurring experiments
• Perform standard equipment maintenance as indicated by manuals, SOPs, and other guiding documents
• Properly record and summarize experimental data in notebooks and digital formats
• Assist in sample preparation and materials analysis
• Follow established safety protocols and follow EH&S procedures at all times
• Follow all company protocols related to confidentiality, assignment of inventions, and other policies
• Be aware of and comply with local, state, and federal laboratory safety regulations
• Other duties as identified or assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• B.S. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or closely related field with 0-5 years of experience preferred. Experience in lieu of degree also considered. Associates degree in a related field. 5 years experience or combination of degree and experience in manufacturing controls work and systems assembly and diagnostics or other applicable work experience. · Clean room / medical device manufacturing or related lab technology experience preferred. Aptitude for working with gases, lasers and related technology. Able to read schematic diagrams and mechanical assembly drawings. Computer skills: Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) experience strongly preferred; and Omniplan, MS Tools – Excel, Word, etc.Able to work independently and as part of the team. · Excellent attention to detail. · Physically capable of standing and sitting for extended periods of time and lifting up to 50 pounds, with and without assistance. · Schedule flexibility required for process turnaround coverage – weekend day scheduling and modified early 2nd shift scheduling periodically required.
• Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to follow established lab protocols for materials synthesis and characterization techniques.
• Familiarity with materials characterization techniques including SEM, X-ray techniques, and IR/Raman.
• High level of initiative and willingness to participate in a team environment.
• Time management skills necessary for execution on multiple projects in a fast-paced start-up environment.
• Experience with electrochemistry preferred, but not required.