Under the guidance of senior technical staff, this position is responsible for advancing the state-of-the-art cell design and fabrication methods to support the advancement of Conamix’s advanced lithium-sulfur battery innovations.
• Contributes significantly to a fast-paced group focused on cell engineering that reflects current industry best practices and advanced patent-worthy concepts to solve specific Conamix problems, using innovative and sound engineering in product design projects.
• Develops product specifications based on customer requirements.
• Solves design and test problems based on mechanical, physical, and thermal principles, shop experience, literature review, and consultation with advisors/consultants.
• Designs, implements, and oversees test methodologies for specification verification and overall product validation.
• Maintains understanding of cell engineering state-of-the-art and leverages and applies such to Conamix advantage.
• Proactive and independent project management: technical workstream planning, execution, and communication of results.
• Supervision of direct reports. Positive guidance and mentoring of technical staff, while maintaining a high-performance team environment.
Experience and/or Qualifications Requirements (Special Licenses, Certifications, Etc.):
● 7+ years directly relevant experience in cell engineering and energy storage technology. Ideal candidate will have experience in prototype (pouch cell) design and construction, automotive Li-cell design and product development process, electrical, mechanical, and thermal (safety) characterization of cells and components, and failure mode analysis.
● Experience with working with electrochemical systems is required
● Demonstrated strong technical leadership and interpersonal skills.
● Prior management experience preferred.
● 5+ years managing engineering projects and technical staff.
● Successful grant identification and grant writing experience preferred, but not required.Experience managing projects composed of internal and external team members preferred.