Under the guidance of senior technical staff, this position is responsible for contributing to materials and process development through physical and chemical characterization of materials, maintaining data integrity, and executing lab procedures in coordination with other staff. This position will aid in solving technical problems directed at the synthesis and characterization of innovative materials for lithium-ion batteries.
● Prepare and perform a variety of materials characterization techniques using internal and shared facilities, e.g. FTIR, UV-Visible spectroscopy, X-Ray Diffraction (XRD), X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS), SEM/TEM, Electrochemical techniques (CV, RDE)
● Data analysis and presentation to internal teams and external partners as needed
● Set-up experimental apparatuses as needed in chemical hoods and/or oxygen-free glovebox environments
● Contribute to the design of experiments based on previous results, literature review, and consultation with scientific advisors
● Experience and/or Qualifications Requirements (Special Licenses, Certifications, Etc.): M.S. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or closely related fields are strongly preferred. B.S. with relevant experience considered in lieu of education.
● Hands-on direct experience evaluating and developing new materials in a lab setting
● Familiarity with materials characterization techniques including SEM and XRD
● Experience and capability to present results and communicate professionally