•Operates welding equipment, jigs, holding fixtures, measuring instruments, computer and hand tools.
• Follows specific work orders, standard work and safety procedures in the fabrication of production parts through general arc welding (primarily "MIG" welding). Most of the work is held with fixtures. May also be required to occasionally fabricate simple weldments without fixturing.
• Required to clean and grind own work prior to next operation.
• Conducts visual and dimensional check of own work.
• Required to operate overhead cranes/hoists to move heavy materials.
• Supports the Company's 5S program in an effort to maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat, organized manner. Notifies manager or ATL of shortages.
• Uses computer to provide input on job status.
• Performs related work as assigned.
A High School Diploma or GED is preferred.
• Three or more months of basic "MIG" welding experience is required.
• Must complete Raymond welding certification tests (in compliance with AWS standards) for all welding processes required for the job within three months.