Success Story Powered By NY Southern Tier MEP Center: Alliance for Manufacturing and Technology (AM&T)
- 33 jobs created and 14 internal promotions
- $40,000 investment in new equipment
- 50% reduction in cost per piece in the targeted cell
“The training and support that was provided to Golden Artist Colors by AM&T was perfect. During the very first site visit I gained the confidence that they really cared about providing us with a proposal that was going to meet our needs. The project manager/trainer provided us with the tools, resources and understanding of Lean with a model that keeps focus on sustaining our efforts and the continued development of our program. Three years into our program we continue to learn and engage our employee owners along the way and continue to reduce costs and increase throughput. We have been provided with the building blocks to have a sustainable Continuous Improvement program and value the relationship that we have established with AM&T.”
Matt Asma, Training and Development Specialist
Success Story Powered By Western NY MEP Center: Insyte Consulting
- $1.2 million in annual sales growth for marine products.
- $600,000 in retained sales among current accounts.
- $250,000 annual cost savings for inventory related expenses.
- Foundation for continuous improvement, e.g. Kan Ban, for marine products.
- Methodology to expand practices into two other major product lines.
“The project refocused the organization on the importance of inventory control and inventory processing. These improvements have been very sustainable as the business continues to grow while inventory turns continue to increase.”
Pat Greeley, CFO
Success Story powered by NY MEP Center(s): CEG and FuzeHub
- $170,000 in cost savings (includes $50,000 Fuzehub grant)
- $65,000 in increased or retained sales
- $750,000 in new private equity investment
- 4 created or retained jobs
“As a growing business, Vara Safety’s progress was accelerated through the key support of the regional organizations in Upstate New York including the Center for Economic Growth, FuzeHub, Workforce Development Initiative, and Upstate Venture Connect.”
Timmy Oh, CEO
Success Story powered by Central NY MEP Center: Central New York Technology Development Organization (CNYTDO)
- 30% increase in sales
- Effective Meetings – Better planning, time management, and utilization of resources
- 5S and Visual Controls, Value Stream Mapping, KPI Development, and Lean
- Better utilization of people & inventory control, lead-time reduction
“Whereas we are extremely pleased with our initial progress and efforts, we have identified additional areas of improvement through the training for which we will look to CNYTDO once again for assistance. We are very appreciative of CNYTDO’s support during this critical transformational project.”
James Hickey, President
Success Story powered by North Country NY MEP Center: CITEC
- $500,000 in cost savings annually
- $200,000 in improved productivity annually
- Spring andd fall run-off conditions in the river were eliminated
“There were a lot of moving parts to this project, and solutions did not present themselves easily. CITEC’s business advisor helped to break the project into pieces so we could accomplish what we needed to do. CITEC’s deep network offered us resources to research different alternatives, and also found us additional funding sources.”
Matt Hartle, Maintenance Manager
Success Story powered by Western NY MEP Center: Insyte Consulting
- Achieved certification with zero major or minor non-conformances.
- Retained automotive business which is 100% of manufactured product.
- Simplified the quality management system.
“With Insyte’s guidance hands-on support the IATF certification process progressed quickly and smoothly. We were able to address concerns and meet our planned re-certification date.”
Sean Gallagher, General Manager