Success Story Powered By Western NY MEP Center: Insyte Consulting
Reimann & Georger (RGC) is a manufacturer of marine products (boat lifts/ docks), hydraulic construction tools and hoisting/roofing equipment. The company, initially founded in 1898, has been under the same family ownership since 1972. RGC currently employs 57 people within its 70,000 square-foot facility. The company’s products are shipped both domestically and internationally.
RGC engaged Insyte Consulting to help resolve this situation. Current inventory (raw, WIP, finished goods) was analyzed to provide a better understanding of where the inventory dollars were tied up. Categories, such as high-dollar incoming components, were then assessed to determine if the current purchasing practices and min/max quantities needed revisions. Historical shipments were reviewed by SKU and analyzed for the top-moving marine SKUs. A current state value stream map, which included inventory, cycle time, change over, batch sizes, etc., was developed to identify where to improve the manufacturing system, smooth the flow and reduce WIP.
- $1.2 million in annual sales growth for marine products.
- $600,000 in retained sales among current accounts.
- $250,000 annual cost savings for inventory related expenses.
- Foundation for continuous improvement, e.g. Kan Ban, for marine products.
- Methodology to expand practices into two other major product lines.